Tucson – 2017 Fall Fast Camp Aug 24-27
Endurance Corner is excited to offer a four day training camp for athletes from August 24-27 in Tucson, Arizona; with a primary focus on the late season world championship events (70.3 Worlds and Kona). This camp will help athletes learn how to execute their upcoming race strategies through race-specific workout structure and warm weather conditions. The staff of coaches has extensive experience in training and racing successfully in the heat. This is the perfect opportunity for athletes racing Kona or another late season event to learn from the EC Team.
Coaches will include:
- Marilyn Chychota: Head Coach and Ironman Champion
- Sue Aquila: Ironman Age Group Champion and multiple-time Kona-qualifier
- Justin Daerr: Ironman Champion and multiple-time Kona-qualifier
Registration fee is $699 and will include coaching, weekend training plans, dinner on Thursday and Saturday and a coaching presentation on Saturday night.
- Thursday: Arrival and Welcome Dinner 6:00 p.m. (location TBD)
- Friday: Swim, Race Specific Ride and Run
- Saturday: Swim, Race Specific Ride and Run; Dinner and Presentation at 6:00 p.m. (location TBD)
- Sunday: Race Specific Run. Camp concludes at Noon.
This camp will offer first come, first served opportunities to stay at the Homestretch Foundation headquarters. The Homestretch Foundation is located near the base of Mt. Lemmon, within walking distance of Le Buzz Cafe.
The Homestretch Foundation was created by professional cyclist Kathryn Bertine which will support women professional cyclists in 2017. For our camp, they will offer us a hacienda environment with three bedrooms/three baths and multiple kitchens to prepare your own meals. Each bedroom can support two campers. The foundation will accept tax deductible donations of $100 per person per night.
Any overflow campers can stay at the Comfort Inn near Udall Park or another place of their choosing.
**Transportation is not included and a rental car is recommended.
General information about training in the area
- Cycling: Lemmon, Lemmon and more Lemmon!
- Swimming: University of Arizona Pool
- Groceries: Walking distance next to Le Buzz.
- Running: Plenty of trail choices and Udall Park.
**This camp has a focus on the World Championships, therefore the average speed of the sessions will be higher than some of our other camps. If you have not ridden under 6 hours for a bike split in an Ironman, we ask that you please contact us before registering for the camp.
For questions; please contact email@example.com